Hamilton Week at a Glance:
May 29 - June 2
See what's happening this week at Hamilton:
Monday, May 29
No School - Memorial Day!
Choir Concert - 6th & 8th Grade
7:00 p.m., Gym A
Band Concert - 6th & 8th Grade
7:00 p.m., Gym A
6th Grade Medieval Faire!
8:45-10:30 a.m., Field behind Hamilton (Segoe Road side)
8th Grade Movin' On Events - Thursday, June 8
Students report at 9:30 to Edgewood HS for ceremony, to start at 10:00. Picnic and dance to follow back at Hamilton. More details will be provided via the homeroom teacher.
8th Grade Movin' On Help Needed!
We are almost there! However, we still need help, don't miss your chance! We are still in need of food/supplies. We also need people power for cafeteria decorating, chaperoning, food serving and clean up. Want to help? Please sign up on the Movin'On SignUpGenius at: www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d48a9ae238-hamilton/49606642 and help make it a fantastic day for our Movin'On 8th graders! If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Kraak-Ripple at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
August Enrollment Information for 2017-18 School Year!!
MMSD middle schools are going paperless and using on-line enrollment for the 2017-18 school year! If you meet the requirements below, you may complete the enrollment process entirely online at mmsd.org/enrollment beginning August 1:
- Your student will be in elementary or middle school next school year
- Your student is currently enrolled and continuing from one grade to the next
- Your student has no address changes and the address and date of birth have been verified
- Your 4K or 5K student is new to the district for the 2017-18 school year AND you completed the 2017-18 online application along with verifying your child's date of birth and address at an MMSD school or office before
High school students are still required to go to school during their assigned enrollment days, even if they complete the enrollment process online and have no changes to key enrollment information. Learn more about enrollment.
Things usually taken care of at Enrollment will now happen on-line, or during the school year. All fees can be paid on-line.
- Bus Passes: Purchasing bus passes can happen online through Madison Metro Bus, or at school when it starts in the fall.
- Locks: All students will be charged a Locker/Lock fee of $6.00. Locks will be handed out the first day of school.
- Planners: Planners will be paid for with the regular fees and will be handed out during the first week of school.
- Pictures: Pictures will now happen during the school day in the fall. Dates will be announced in the fall.
- Student schedules: Schedules will be available through the Infinite Campus, Parent Portal starting August 31. (Student schedules will also be available the first day of school in the main office.)
Starting the 2017-18 school year, Madison middle schools will be moving away from students purchasing locks and will instead be charging a Locker/Lock fee. The end of this year will start that transition process and student locks will be collected. All locks will be collected from students, unless families choose to keep them over the summer. Please talk to your student if you would like for your him/her to bring it home. All students returning to Hamilton will receive a new lock for them to use during the 2017-18 school year.
MSCR clubs are over for the year. Reminder that students must be in a supervised location after school with a teacher, or will be asked to wait outside. Please plan accordingly.
Did you know?
Hamilton Middle School has been selected by MMSD to be a one-to-one school in the fall! What this means is that in October all Hamilton students will have their own Chromebooks to use in the classroom for instructional purposes. For more information, please read this note
MSCR Summer Camps
Registration is open for MSCR middle school summer camps, some of which are located at Hamilton! Please view the MSCR webpage
for the program guide and how to register.
Community Building at Hamilton
~Social Emotional Learning (SEL) & Academic Career Planning (ACP)
~Homeroom/ Advisory Activities
Lessons/Themes for This Week:
6th Grade (Second Step Curriculum): Circles of Power and Respect
7th Grade (ACP): Circles of Power and Respect
8th Grade (ACP): Circles of Power and Respect
PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support)
At Hamilton, we have three school-wide expectations:
Respect the Environment
Stay focused and finish strong!
MSCR Programs - All drop-in clubs are over for the school year!
Any changes in Club activities (such as cancellations) will be announced to students during Daily Announcements. Families can access these announcements through Hamilton's webpage. Questions regarding Clubs should be directed to Kris Anderson.
This Week's Club Calendar
Clubs are 2:37-3:30 p.m.
Meet by Gym door, 1:45-3:30
(meet by gym doors, various locations)
(Ramp by gym)
Wednesday, June 7, 6:00 p.m.